When your car breaks down, many of us have no clue what to do. It takes us by surprise and depending on what the circumstances are when we break down and the state of mind we’re in, we can tend towards panic.
Lee’s Towing wants to emphasize not to panic.
Instead, we’ve listed the steps to take when your car breaks down and you need roadside assistance. All of these steps emphasize the importance of safety first.
- Turn on your hazard lights. As soon as you realize something is wrong, turn on your hazard lights. This warns other drivers that you are facing an emergency.
- Pull over somewhere safe. You’ll want to pull over to the right side of the road if at all possible. The left side is the last resort. This is because the right side of the road is designed for emergency situations and has adequate space for safety. The left side typically does not.
- Turn your wheel away from the road, and put the emergency brake on. This applies mainly to hilly areas because this will prevent your car from rolling down a hill and into oncoming traffic.
- Check your surroundings before exiting the vehicle. This is extremely important. Exit from the passenger side if you are on the right side of the road, and don’t leave your vehicle if you feel it’s too dangerous. If your car is stuck in the middle of the road, police recommend you do get out as soon as it’s safe to do so. Don’t turn your back on oncoming traffic. If you stay in your vehicle, keep your seatbelt on until help arrives. If the car is smoking, exit the vehicle as soon as possible.
- Call for help. If you have a roadside assistance service, call them first or your insurance company if you purchased roadside assistance through them. Otherwise, call your local towing service, Lee’s Towing.
Lee’s Towing offers all towing services in the Wheatland and Glendo, WY area. We offer the best roadside assistance with lightning-fast service, so you can be on your way again. Call us today!
Life is full of the unexpected. This includes the sudden deflation of your tire after you hit a curb, your car skidding off the road on a patch of dry ice, or the fender bender that turned out to bend more than the fender.
Lee’s Towing understands the frustrations and the feeling of helplessness you often experience when an unexpected wrench is throw in your plans. If your car is broken down on the side of the road, you need someone you can count on to help you and your car get somewhere safely and quickly.
Lee’s Towing is a 24 hour towing company. No matter where you are or what time of day or night it is, we will happily pick you and your vehicle up and get you to where you need to go. Kind, quick, friendly, and understanding, Lee’s Towing is here for you. With more than 30 years of experience in towing services, we are Wyoming’s most assiduous and professional towing truck experts.
Lee’s Towing takes immense pride in being able to handle even the most difficult and out of the way towing service jobs. When you choose us for roadside assistance services, our goal becomes to get you to where you need to be as quickly as possible and as safely as possible. You become our priority when the unexpected happens. If your car is broken down, you’re stuck, or you’re in need of help, call our hardworking team at Lee’s Towing. We would be happy to assist you.
To find out more about Lee’s Towing roadside assistance services, call us today. We look forward to helping you with all of your towing service needs.